How can I help?
Keep sharing stories and photos of our small businesses and the things that make Durant special on social media using #MyDurant. We want to let the producers know we have a variety of small businesses in our town that are hard workers, but need their expert advice to really thrive!
For the next phase of the competition, we are dividing our efforts into teams. Individuals are welcome to serve on more than one team if they wish and if their time permits. Each team is committed to completing a list of tasks before The Small Business Revolution town visit in January.
Subscribe to the Durant Main Street Update e-‐newsletter at www.durantmainstreet.org to stay informed. You can also VOLUNTEER HERE.
Welcome Reception Planning Team
- Team Captains: Stephanie Gardner, Kara Byrd, Janet Reed
- Tuesday, January 15, 6:00 PM
- Location TBD
- Ticketing procedure
- Food donations by restaurants
- Live music & entertainment
Website & Social Media Team
- Team Captains: Stacy Hammond, Dani Mackey, Kassi Wilkey
- Landing page and merchandise store for website (Stacy Hammond will build)
- Social media strategies for #MyDurant
- Post content featuring all 77 small businesses who applied to the show
Press & Media Outreach Team
- Team Captain: Michael Clements
- Contact state and national press outlets including newspapers, television, and radio
- Statements of support from elected officials and celebrities in Oklahoma
- Commitments to share the link online if Durant makes Top 5 Towns who go up for public vote in February
Signage & Printed Marketing Materials Team
- Team Captains: Don Krumme, Brandy Rundel, Jenilee Hitchcock, Dottie & Clay Moore
- Call sign companies and see what they can donate. Durant Main Street will provide the design.
- Yard Signs
o Highway medians, Main Street median near KFC, downtown building at corner of Main & 2nd where Santa banner is hung, side of the Hotel Durant, hotel, and reception
- Electronic Marquees (Jenilee Hitchcock will contact)